Monday, October 22, 2012

October musings

Good morning little internet friends! I'm leaving for Europe in LESS than 3 weeks. My love and I bought one way tickets to Portugal, with the intention of doing a "small" (6 month) all-things-culinary-tour of Western Europe! Or at least parts of it. The plan, as of now, is to hit Portgual, Spain, France and Italy. Most of our time, I'm assuming, will be spent in Italy. My oh so dear chef chef boyfriend was brought up in an Italian household, with a remarkably talented-in-the-kitchen mother, and he just can't wait to get back to his roots. This works just fine for me! Italy is so beautiful I can't wait to explore more!
We have been REAL bad about planning, and we have absolutely no concrete plans. Honestly, though, I think this is the best way to travel. Because let's be real, some of the best and most amazing experiences happen simply because you are in the right place at the right time. Having said that, since we do plan on WWOOFing in France and Italy, we should probably get on that. For those of you who don't know what WWOOFing is, it's really a phenomenal organization that helps link small organic farmers with like minded travelers. In exchange for 6 or 7 hours of work 5 days a week, the travelers are given room, board and a whole new perspective on their town of choice.
Besides not planning this incredible voyage, I have really been enjoying myself over the last several months. Most notable, I quit my job and spent two weeks on the East Coast. I went to New York to visit my man's hometown, and it was SUPERB! Don't get me wrong, the West Coast is of course the best coast, but New York City is amazing and the Hamptonites are a pretty radical bunch of people. Here are a few photos of the past few months. I hope you like them! ;)

Secret waterfall          

 

Fresh local organic beans!

VOTE YES ON 37 CALIFORNIA! Label GMOs Check THIS link to educate yourselves!


Sunset on top of a mountain in a vineyard


Early morning run/surf sesh
 
View from my wine bar of choice ;)


 Sonoma, drinking only bubbles

My favorite beach


View of Jersey from NYC


Braised ground sparerib with black truffles and foie gras, complemented by confit-ed tomatoes. A TRULY exceptional burger


No comments:

Post a Comment