Thursday, September 27, 2012

Padrón peppers

I love spicy. Pepper season is...maybe one of my favorite times of year. I get a weekly CSA from Live Earth Farm and they have been bringing us baskets of Padrón peppers lately! These bad boys are a single heirloom, non hybrid pepper, and part of the Capsicum family. Also members of the Capsicum family are ghost and habanero, some of the spiciest! These Padróns are relatively mild, although the larger ones can definitely pack a small punch. My favorite way to cook them is a simple roast.
 
Roasted Padrón Peppers
 
One pint basket of Padrón peppers
Salt
Lemon
 
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
  2. Clean Padrón peppers, put into a bowl, toss with olive oil
  3. Spread onto baking sheet
  4. Salt liberally
  5. Drizzle with juice of half lemon
  6. Cook for 15 minutes-ish. You want a nice char...
I like to use the other half of the lemon once they are done, and sometimes a little more salt, but this is because I am a salt fiend. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment